About The Zebra
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, people can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” to our herd. We hire folks who are able to learn quickly, take ownership, and collaborate with others.
We're actively hiring across the following departments: Sales, Commercialization, Data, Design, Engineering, Finance & Admin, Marketing, Operations, and Research.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at The Zebra
At The Zebra we say “all stripes welcome” - and that means all. Diversity means looking at our organization’s big, visible characteristics as well as the ones we can’t see – diversity of thought, background, point of view, experience, & belief systems. We strive to honor and listen to the experiences that overlap and not categorize individuals as single, two-dimensional group representatives.
Below are some of our current strategies we implement to create an inclusive & equitable community that celebrates our different stripes:
- Four Active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that celebrate our individual differences (Shebras: women + allies; Dazzle: LGBTQIA+; Affinity: Minorities + allies; Diversability: disability, neurodiversity, and invisible illnesses).
- A collaborative engineering team split between Austin, Texas and Lagos, Nigeria.
- Standardized Interview Process & Training to reduce bias & increase equitable outcomes
- Intentional sourcing strategies to diversify our pipeline through partnerships with 3rd party job boards, colleges, boot camps, overlapping experiences, etc that target underrepresented groups & minorities.
- Benefits & perks that level the playing field for employees (example: $1000/employee for learning & development initiatives, paid parental leave for primary/secondary caregivers rather than based off of gender)
- Provide management training to all managers to promote equitable growth paths regardless of which team you're on.