Associate Brand Marketing Manager
We are CallRail.
CallRail is a marketing platform for businesses that rely on quality phone calls, leads, and new customers to grow and succeed. Our software gives customers visibility into their marketing efforts, so they know what's working and what isn’t.
- Call Tracking reveals which marketing efforts inspired your best leads to call.
- Lead Center lets you call, text, chat, and manage all your team's leads from a single unified inbox.
- Conversation Intelligence delivers call transcriptions with AI-powered analysis and automatic lead categorization.
- Form Tracking connects each ad, campaign, and keyword to every form submission.
- Front-End Software Engineer
- Back-End Software Engineer
- Full Stack Software Engineer
- Senior Front-End Software Engineer
- Senior Back-End Software Engineer
- Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
- Senior Mobile Engineer
<https://www.callrail.com/blog/wearecallrail/> Some Benefits Include: - 100% medical coverage for employees - Competitive HSA with company matching - Generous dental and vision plans - Paid parental leave - Flexible vacation policy - 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match - Employee stock options available from day one - $2,000 annual educational allowance - Catered lunch every Tuesday \* an in-office perk - MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered - Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually - Regular company outings and events \*yes, even during COVID, except virtually - Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
About this role
We are seeking a digitally savvy, creative marketer to support our brand marketing programs including social media, influencer relations, and marketing events, closely collaborating with the Brand Marketing Manager. This role requires skills across social media marketing, event planning, content creation, relationship management, and project management.
You will be responsible for engaging with our audiences online via our social media platforms, writing and scheduling social media posts, assisting with influencer vetting and outreach, working with our demand and customer marketing teams to execute on event plans, and providing comprehensive reporting on a weekly and monthly basis.
This role will provide active support to the Brand Marketing Manager to help drive measurable results that clearly show increased brand awareness and share of voice, and to create a strong sense of community around the CallRail brand between customers, prospects, partners, and industry influencers.
What You’ll Do
- Execute on CallRail’s social media strategy by ensuring we identify and participate in conversations that position us as a strategic partner to small businesses and agencies, engage with key partners and influencers, and showcase that we’re a great place to work
- Write social media post copy adhering to brand standards and style guide, schedule posts, process internal social sharing requests, route support requests from social to the correct teams
- Provide weekly and monthly social media and brand awareness reporting to Brand Marketing Manager, pulling data from Google Analytics, native analytics on social platforms, and social listening tools
- Coordinate marketing event logistics, timelines, event project plans, and stakeholder alignment, supporting Brand Marketing Manager
- Work with demand generation, customer marketing, revenue operations, and sales teams to ensure appropriate event lead routing strategies are in place and regularly track and analyze lead to customer conversions for optimization
- Develop event feedback loop with partners, external presenters, internal stakeholders and sales team for informed iteration and optimization of strategies and processes
- Work with Partner Program Manager and Brand Marketing Manager to execute partner co-marketing benefits
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong organizational skills and great attention to detail required
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with excellent time management
- Ability to meet deadlines and anticipate team needs
- Curious learner and adaptable in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for results
- Critical thinking skills that lead to proactive solution development
- Creativity and desire to test, learn, and innovate based on data
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and a collaborative attitude
- Strong understanding of how to utilize social media content to drive engagement and build brand affinity
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field/experience
- 1-2 years relevant social media, events, partnerships, and/or marketing communications experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail and proved organization skills
- Collaborative attitude and desire to learn
- Strong grasp of how brands use social media to connect with customers
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).