Senior Software Engineer - Backend
We are CallRail.
CallRail is a marketing platform for businesses that rely on quality phone calls, leads, and new customers to grow and succeed. Our software gives customers visibility into their marketing efforts, so they know what's working and what isn’t.
- Call Tracking reveals which marketing efforts inspired your best leads to call.
- Lead Center lets you call, text, chat, and manage all your team's leads from a single unified inbox.
- Conversation Intelligence delivers call transcriptions with AI-powered analysis and automatic lead categorization.
- Form Tracking connects each ad, campaign, and keyword to every form submission.
- Front-End Software Engineer
- Back-End Software Engineer
- Full Stack Software Engineer
- Senior Front-End Software Engineer
- Senior Back-End Software Engineer
- Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
- Senior Mobile Engineer
<https://www.callrail.com/blog/wearecallrail/> Some Benefits Include: - 100% medical coverage for employees - Competitive HSA with company matching - Generous dental and vision plans - Paid parental leave - Flexible vacation policy - 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match - Employee stock options available from day one - $2,000 annual educational allowance - Catered lunch every Tuesday \* an in-office perk - MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered - Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually - Regular company outings and events \*yes, even during COVID, except virtually - Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
About this role
CallRail is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our growing team. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and relish the opportunity to work on new features and contribute to the solutions that help our customers grow.
What You'll Do
- Build new features as well as extend and improve existing ones
- Write testable, maintainable, scalable code and deploy it frequently
- You’ll review the code of other developers, and be open to feedback about your own
- Our team ships code multiple times daily, and you’ll help us deliver small continuous improvements with each iteration
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, respectful, and collaborative. You'll support your teammates and challenge them to do their best work
- Regardless of your level, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs
- We collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers across CallRail, as equals, to provide optimal production services to our customers
- Building web applications with an MVC framework, especially Ruby on Rails
- Designing and building new microservices
- Participating in making technical design decisions
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Building telephony or using twilio is helpful
- Comfortable working with database systems
- Writing unit tests to ensure good code quality and sufficient coverage
- Developing software with security and regulatory compliance in mind
- Refactoring systems to perform well at scale while still being readable and easy to maintain
- Building software-as-a-service platforms, particularly for small and medium-sized businesses
Technologies and tools we use:
- Ruby, Rails, RSpec, Sidekiq, Protobuf and gRPC
- Postgres, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday *an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation ort office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage at our Downtown Atlanta office
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).