Software Engineering Manager
We are CallRail.
CallRail is a marketing platform for businesses that rely on quality phone calls, leads, and new customers to grow and succeed. Our software gives customers visibility into their marketing efforts, so they know what's working and what isn’t.
- Call Tracking reveals which marketing efforts inspired your best leads to call.
- Lead Center lets you call, text, chat, and manage all your team's leads from a single unified inbox.
- Conversation Intelligence delivers call transcriptions with AI-powered analysis and automatic lead categorization.
- Form Tracking connects each ad, campaign, and keyword to every form submission.
- Front-End Software Engineer
- Back-End Software Engineer
- Full Stack Software Engineer
- Senior Front-End Software Engineer
- Senior Back-End Software Engineer
- Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
- Senior Mobile Engineer
<https://www.callrail.com/blog/wearecallrail/> Some Benefits Include: - 100% medical coverage for employees - Competitive HSA with company matching - Generous dental and vision plans - Paid parental leave - Flexible vacation policy - 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match - Employee stock options available from day one - $2,000 annual educational allowance - Catered lunch every Tuesday \* an in-office perk - MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered - Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually - Regular company outings and events \*yes, even during COVID, except virtually - Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
About this role
CallRail is looking for a Software Engineering Manager. You’ll work in a collaborative environment, growing our newest CallRail product from MVP to maturity.
What You'll Do
- Grow our product. Building and delivery of new features and improving product stability while keeping an eye on optimizing good technical decisions
- Help us build CallRail. As an engineering manager, you'll help focus and motivate your teams to quickly deliver high-impact features and improvements to our platform. You’ll also help hire and onboard new engineers as we need to grow
- Be an effective manager. You'll help mentor and guide the engineers on your team to produce great work while developing as developers, teammates, and stewards of the product
- Communicate well. You'll give great feedback and be clear about expectations. You'll be able to translate organizational strategy into useful and actionable direction for your teams. You'll keep engineering leadership apprised of important developments on your teams
- Be a good teammate. You'll be helpful, open-minded, and collaborative. You'll help support your teammates and ensure they feel, and are, included and valued
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you'll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs
- Balance competing priorities to ensure we effectively ship new features while resolving defects, ensure reliability and managing technical debt
Desired Skills and Experience
This role does require previous leadership experience as an engineering manager or significant team lead experience. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We'll consider candidates who don't check all of these boxes.
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Managing engineers
- Managing projects in an agile environment
- Fostering and leading diverse, healthy teams
- Development in an agile environment, with a focus on fast cycle times and continuous deployment. We ship to production multiple times daily
- Building software where security and regulatory compliance are critical
- Writing web applications with an MVC framework, especially in Ruby on Rails
- Working on a Software-as-a-Service product
- Using modern front-end frameworks. We use Angular
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday * an in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage
Learn more: https://www.callrail.com/about/
You Are Welcome Here
CallRail understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).