Engineering Manager, Play Growth
We are Google Play.
Over 2 billion people a month visit Google Play to download apps, games and more.
Google Play is an online store where people go to find and enjoy their favorite apps, games, movies, TV shows, books, and more on their Android devices. Google Play is available in 190 countries and partners with developers from all over the world to distribute their apps. In 2019, over 116 billion apps and games were downloaded.
To be successful, Google Play must work to meet the needs of both users and developers. To help users find high quality, engaging apps Google works hard to ensure the Play Store is safe, secure, and convenient. To be attractive to developers, Google Play helps make their products available to over two billion people world-wide and provides tools and data to help them be as successful as possible.
About this role
As a manager in the Google Play store team, you will help us communicate with our customers. You are passionate about making a positive impact on the world, and will help us build experiences for Play Store customers.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for devices, powered by the cloud. It syncs across devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team enhances the Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
- Manage multiple teams of software engineers.
- Hire and grow Engineering Managers and software engineers who build and maintain Growth APIs and Products for Google Play and partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- 3 years of technical leadership and people management experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 15 years of relevant industry experience.
- 7 years of experience with hands-on technical leadership and people management (managing teams of 20 or more developers and managing engineering managers).
- Experience building products for other developers.
- Web Applications and mobile applications experience
- Experience with consumer and B2B products.