Account Executive - Remote (USA)
We are Ionic.
Ionic is the app development platform for web developers. Build amazing cross-platform mobile, web, and desktop apps all with one shared code base and open web standards.
Aside from working on tools that power more than 15% of the world's mobile apps, Ionic also has very competitive incentives for employees. We are 100% remote team (even prior to the pandemic) with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday, and sick paid time off.
About this role
We are searching for an Account Executive that can match our passion for excellence in everything we do. The AE position will be responsible for using extensive product knowledge and understanding of industry trends to communicate directly with clients and prospects, understand their individual needs, and recommend products that maximize value. AE’s must be adaptable multi-taskers with strong self-awareness and communication skills.
In your role you’ll be measured on your ability to:
• Meet and exceed sales quotas
• Hunt for new opportunities, have meaningful discovery calls with prospects, negotiate contracts, and close new business
• Manage pipeline and accurately forecast monthly and quarterly business
• Be a team player, be honest, hard working, and conduct yourself in a professional manner consistent with our company values
Your areas of ownership will include:
• Manage all business via prospecting and round robin leads- meeting/exceeding quarterly targets
• Successfully manage full sales lifecycle from prospecting to deal
• Build lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with prospects and customers
• Effectively work with SDR team to build a successful ABM prospecting strategy
• Practice first call excellence with question based discovery calls & first pitch
• Leverage the selling process of Convince - Connect - Collaborate to win
• Stay current and become knowledgeable on current product and industry trends
• Maintain best practices with CRM (salesforce) and automation (Outreach)
• Ability to manage pipeline and deliver accurate forecasting (within +/- 15%)
• Provide quality feedback loop for Ionic Product, Marketing, & Engineering
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
• Self-starter, unfazed by ambiguity, competitive, and interested in mobile app development
• Learn quickly to become a domain expert in mobile app development
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt quickly to unknowns
• Disciplined, and organized. Excuse adverse
• Have grit, be hungry, yet humble
To qualify for this role, you’ll benefit from having:
• 4+ years of verifiable success hunting and selling complex tech solutions to B2B companies of all sizes
• Documented success being a top performer (vs quota and ranked within team)
• Experience with a selling and qualification methodology, (ex: Sandler / MEDDIC)
• Proficient with Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn GSuite, Slack, and Zoom
• Willingness to travel up to 25%
Fully remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.
Reporting to: Vice President of Sales
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.