Front End Engineer- Ionic Framework- Remote
We are Ionic.
Ionic is the app development platform for web developers. Build amazing cross-platform mobile, web, and desktop apps all with one shared code base and open web standards.
Aside from working on tools that power more than 15% of the world's mobile apps, Ionic also has very competitive incentives for employees. We are 100% remote team (even prior to the pandemic) with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday, and sick paid time off.
About this role
This role will be working with the team responsible for creating and maintaining the Ionic Framework, an open source UI toolkit for building performant, high-quality mobile and desktop apps using web technologies. This role will involve collaboration with team members and team leads to develop new features and additions to the library, triage and fix bugs, and communicate and build a relationship with our large open source community.
In this role you will be measured on your ability to:
• Help the team enhance our software in ways that balance both user experience and long term speed and stability
• Communicate effectively with your team and build trust to achieve shared goals
•Contribute ideas to the team that innovate on behalf of our users and improve the overall experience of our products
Your areas of responsibility will include:
• Participate in design meetings for technical implementations
• Collaborate with engineers on the team to design and implement new features while reducing overall technical debt
• Triage issues from both enterprise customers and our community and work with team members to prioritize them appropriately
• Communicate and engage professionally with our community in order to strengthen the relationship
• Stay on top of emerging trends in technology and think about how they can be applied to our software
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Experience with Angular or React
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively with other team members
• Passion for technology in general and frontend technologies specifically
Fully remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.