Solutions Architect- Remote (USA)
We are Ionic.
Ionic is the app development platform for web developers. Build amazing cross-platform mobile, web, and desktop apps all with one shared code base and open web standards.
Aside from working on tools that power more than 15% of the world's mobile apps, Ionic also has very competitive incentives for employees. We are 100% remote team (even prior to the pandemic) with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday, and sick paid time off.
About this role
As a Solutions Architect (SA) at Ionic, you will be integral to the growth of our enterprise business by helping our most valuable customers’ development teams remove technical blockers and become Ionic experts. You will engage directly with customers to triage, diagnose, and prescribe resolutions that help Ionic win and retain valuable relationships.
You and your team will be creating and publishing high-quality content as you identify patterns from your support experience. This type of content will help us support the millions of developers in our community. When you’re not supporting enterprise customers, you’ll hone your Ionic skills by playing with new Ionic capabilities. You’ll also help nurture the Ionic developer community on public channels such as Ionic Forum, Stack Overflow, Slack, and Github.
In your role as a Solutions Architect, you’ll be measured on your ability to:
• Assist Ionic customers with adoption and implementation of our products and help them hit their app launch goals.
• Establish great relationships with Ionic customers and become a trusted advisor to their development teams.
• Ensure that Ionic customers are utilizing latest Ionic products and mobile app development best practices.
• Provide advisory services to Ionic customers across the entire mobile app development lifecycle (planning, development, deployment, and maintenance).
Your areas of ownership will include:
• Become an Ionic React expert.
• Partner with Customer Success Manager to jointly oversee and advise 60-75 Ionic customers.
• Perform integration, architecture, and code reviews.
• Teach enterprise developers how to properly utilize the Ionic development platform and contribute to customer training material.
• Review, assess, categorize, and respond to inbound enterprise troubleshooting and advisory requests.
• Ensure enterprise support cases are consistently kept up-to-date and accurate.
• Author and update technical documentation to grow our knowledge base.
• Develop sample code that demonstrates best practices for customers.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
• You are a passionate self-starter; deeply curious about software development; enjoy working to help empower developers; like to educate and help people expand their knowledge and skills.
• You genuinely want to help customers solve problems.
• You are results-oriented, and have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Your personality fits and enhances Ionic’s culture of humility, authenticity, continuous learning and improvement. You’re transparent, communicative and you care about users and customers. You’re a simplifier and you have an innate sense of urgency.
• You’re an honest, friendly, respectful, and punctual team player who listens with empathy.
• You’re realistic and never commit to something you cannot deliver.
To qualify for this role, you’ll benefit from having:
• Significant, practical experience as a developer with deep understanding development paradigms
• A solid understanding of building large-scale frontend applications using React or solid experience using Ionic’s OSS framework to develop enterprise level web native applications.
• Tooling, testing, and integrations such as Webpack,, Karma, Jasmine, Jest, Circle CI, etc.…
• Backend experience in one or more of the following: SQL/NoSQL databases, Message Queue Systems, Big Data systems, Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, etc…
• Code management / connectivity tools: Git, SSH, Telnet, SCP, etc.…
• (nice-to-have) Case management system experience such as Zendesk, Github Issue Tracker, Jira, etc.…
• (nice-to-have) Experience/knowledge in Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Firebase.
Fully remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.
Reporting to: VP of Customer Success
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.