Director, Revenue Operations
We are Mux.
Mux is how developers build online video. With Mux Video, developers gain access to a powerful API for video streaming--think Stripe for Video. With Mux Data, developers realize incredible insights into how their videos perform from platform to platform, place to place, and user to user.
We're looking for individuals who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better. We're not just committed to making video easy for developers. We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. And that commitment extends into how we support each of our team members: - Flexible PTO - Healthy work-life balance encouraged - Paid parental leave - Education budget set aside for conferences and continuing education, including conferences, books, workshops, and more. - Thought leadership and peer recognition program - We reimburse the first six months of a Snoo rental to make sure you can sleep well when welcoming home a new baby - Remote Equal policy
About this role
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
In this role, you'll accelerate Mux’s growth and improve customer experience by building the operational foundation to scale go-to-market processes and revenue operations.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement and manage the operational systems and processes to improve execution of our go-to-market initiatives, including deal desk, quote to cash processes, contract management, commissions, and billing & invoice management
- Partner with Sales, Partnerships and Customer Success teams to develop operational reporting that will identify performance trends, growth opportunities and risks across the customer lifecycle
- Implement and own go-to-market tech stack to improve team efficiency and ensure data integrity (e.g. Salesforce)
- Develop sales enablement programs across our global sales teams to accelerate time to productivity
- Grow and manage a high-performing team of GTM operations experts and system administrators
Who You Are
- Operational excellence: experience building processes and systems that have demonstrably improved productivity of GTM teams and growth of enterprise SaaS businesses
- Analytical rigor: develop structured approaches to problem solving and drive to support decisions with data
- Entrepreneurial: motivated to work in a fast-paced, hypergrowth environment and building functions from the ground up
- Cross-functional influence: collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders (technical and non-technical) and lead with influence
- People management: Demonstrated ability to develop junior and senior level talent and manage a diverse team of technical and non-technical direct reports
- Strong communication: ability to simplify highly complex problems and develop clear recommendations
- Commitment to Mux values: Be Human, Care Obsessively, Turn Customers Into Fans
- Prior experience
- 7+ years experience in revenue / sales / business operations or other operating roles at a fast growing enterprise SaaS company (experience in a hybrid self-service / sales revenue environment a plus)
- Deep knowledge of tools in the go-to-market tech stack (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot, BI tools, CSM platforms lead augmentation tools, etc.)
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)