Growth Account Executive
We are Mux.
Mux is how developers build online video. With Mux Video, developers gain access to a powerful API for video streaming--think Stripe for Video. With Mux Data, developers realize incredible insights into how their videos perform from platform to platform, place to place, and user to user.
We're looking for individuals who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better. We're not just committed to making video easy for developers. We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. And that commitment extends into how we support each of our team members: - Flexible PTO - Healthy work-life balance encouraged - Paid parental leave - Education budget set aside for conferences and continuing education, including conferences, books, workshops, and more. - Thought leadership and peer recognition program - We reimburse the first six months of a Snoo rental to make sure you can sleep well when welcoming home a new baby - Remote Equal policy
About this role
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
As a Mux Growth Account Executive, you'll be responsible for onboarding new prospects and customers, within the rapid growth "startup" space of emerging companies under 50 employees. You will be able to develop and close opportunities for all Mux products, to help startups leverage video to grow their business.
You will provide valuable touch points throughout the customer journey, from signup to streaming videos, and address both technical and commercial questions. You will build a deep technical understanding of our products and existing customer use cases to ensure rapid addressing of customers' business needs.
You will provide the best experience to prospects and customers to add new logos to the Mux customer base and facilitate their rapid growth. This is an exciting opportunity to jump into something challenging, highly technical, fast paced, and with a lot of room for growth.
What You’ll Do
- Onboard, assist and delight a high volume of new customers growing their video usage.
- Manage new and existing opportunities in a fast-paced environment, qualifying in/out opportunities generated by the SDR team.
- Work with each customer to understand their video needs and business objectives and help them understand how Mux can help them achieve their goals.
- Track customer usage meticulously across our platform, and facilitate growth each step of the way to drive longer customer engagement.
- Drive a value based sale, specifically tailored to address the business needs of a customer and with a deep technical understanding of their challenge and opportunity to succeed.
- Work closely with Solution Engineers to resolve prospects’ technical challenges and facilitate a solution elegantly oriented to the customer’s business need and long term strategy.
- Refine and evolve our sales process in collaboration with Operations and CSM to enable repeatable sales motion for both new and upsell business in the Growth segment.
Who You Are
- 2+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience in a closing role
- Proven aptitude to learn a complicated process or system (our product is very technical, you must want to learn it and have an ability to apply that technical knowledge in a commercial setting)
- Analytical mind - someone who enjoys looking at a large problem to distill trends and potential solutions or improved efficiencies
- Self starter with a proven track record of both creatively solving problems and exceeding sales targets
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)