Sales Development Representative
We are Mux.
Mux is how developers build online video. With Mux Video, developers gain access to a powerful API for video streaming--think Stripe for Video. With Mux Data, developers realize incredible insights into how their videos perform from platform to platform, place to place, and user to user.
We're looking for individuals who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better. We're not just committed to making video easy for developers. We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. And that commitment extends into how we support each of our team members: - Flexible PTO - Healthy work-life balance encouraged - Paid parental leave - Education budget set aside for conferences and continuing education, including conferences, books, workshops, and more. - Thought leadership and peer recognition program - We reimburse the first six months of a Snoo rental to make sure you can sleep well when welcoming home a new baby - Remote Equal policy
About this role
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
In this role, you will have a direct impact on the growth of the company by managing our lead pipeline and qualifying sales leads and opportunities. In addition, you will support our sales prospecting efforts to drive outbound opportunities with Account Executives.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with our incoming leads through a systematic, but personalized approach
- Handle preliminary discovery and qualification with a highly technical customer (both via email and over the phone)
- Partner with Account Executives to drive an effective outbound sales process
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals of qualified leads and opportunities
- Drive active engagement with prospects to increase interest and excitement in our products
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years experience in a customer facing role
- You have prior success in sales or lead qualification role (preferred, not required)
- You’re resourceful - you might not have all the answers, but you know how to find them
- You are able to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively in a dynamic environment
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills
- You are able to digest and effectively communicate technical concepts
- You’re passionate about video technology or curious to learn about video technology