Technical Customer Success Manager
We are Mux.
Mux is how developers build online video. With Mux Video, developers gain access to a powerful API for video streaming--think Stripe for Video. With Mux Data, developers realize incredible insights into how their videos perform from platform to platform, place to place, and user to user.
We're looking for individuals who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better. We're not just committed to making video easy for developers. We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. And that commitment extends into how we support each of our team members: - Flexible PTO - Healthy work-life balance encouraged - Paid parental leave - Education budget set aside for conferences and continuing education, including conferences, books, workshops, and more. - Thought leadership and peer recognition program - We reimburse the first six months of a Snoo rental to make sure you can sleep well when welcoming home a new baby - Remote Equal policy
About this role
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Coatue, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
At Mux, the Customer Success Manager will enable customers to be successful on our platform and achieve their desired outcomes, by driving product adoption, building strong customer relationships and providing a feedback loop to the rest of the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Own the overall health and success of our customers, which includes onboarding, adoption, ensuring value realization, and retention
- Be the main point of contact for our customers and become a trusted and strategic advisor, drive best practices and innovation
- Provide API and product guidance to technical stakeholders such as developers, product managers, data architects, and educate on best practices for optimizing the use of the Mux products
- Advocate on behalf of customers and navigate across product, engineering, sales & marketing to deliver the best experience to customers
- Work closely with our sales team to ensure successful renewals and drive expansions and new opportunities resulting from the success of the customers
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Success or equivalent role at a SaaS technology company, focused on increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- BA/BS degree in CS or Computer Engineering-related field or coding bootcamp
- Strong technical knowledge in software, web/mobile and cloud technologies, hands-on coding experience is a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and a personable presence
- You embody the Mux value: Turn Customers into Fans, with a customer-first attitude and approach
You'd join an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, Brightcove, Bain, and the BBC. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Competitive annual leave policy (25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays)
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Private Medical Insurance, dental insurance, and a vision stipend program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life assurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: London, UK