Manager, QA Engineering
We are SalesLoft.
SalesLoft is a Series-E B2B SaaS company that modernizes the way companies sell and engage customers.
SalesLoft is an all-in-one platform that guides and automates dynamic sales plays, facilitates coaching, and provides the dashboards and insights needed to help drive sales. It's not a CRM or marketing automation tool, it's Sales Engagement - done right. Orchestrate every email, call, meeting, and interaction from anywhere.
SalesLoft has won AJC's Atlanta's Best Place to Work award 3X and was named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
At SalesLoft, we are Driven By Our Core Values: **• Team over self** **• Bias towards action** **• Focus on results,** **• Put customers first ** **• Glass half full** _They compel us to show up each day and offer our best to our customers and their customers._ In addition to being the best job you'll ever have, here are some additional benefits & perks to expect as a new Lofter: At SalesLoft, you aren't limited to a certain number of vacation days. We trust you to get your work done which is why we offer untracked & unlimited PTO, in addition to 28 company-wide vacation days plus a shut-down week and monthly "rest days" off. SalesLoft is committed to your growth and development. We offer various mentorship programs to help you level up within Engineering, Design, UX, or Marketing. SalesLoft also provides access to LinkedIn Learning, offering over 16,000 virtual courses available 24/7! We also offer a Project Management training and host regular professional development sessions including a 6-month Leadership Development Program. Not to mention that we offer tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 annually. At SalesLoft, our employees are encouraged to bring their whole self to work. In order to do so, SalesLoft provides several mental health perks including free access to an in-house counselor & career coach, virtual access to a psychiatrist/psychologist, and a free subscription to the Headspace meditation app. Parental Leave - After one year of employment, all Lofters are eligible for our parental leave benefits, including 16 weeks fully paid for maternity leave and 6 weeks fully paid for paternity leave. SalesLoft also offers 12 months of free diapers, 12 weeks of meal deliveries, and home cleaning services, plus a transition to ease back into work life. SalesLoft knows family planning is important. That's why we offer access to several family planning resources and discounts as well as a $10,000 credit towards IVF, adoption, or egg freezing. SalesLoft wants to support the causes that you care about most. That's why SalesLoft matches your charitable contributions up to $200. Each year, SalesLoft employees come together for our annual retreat. This year we're hopefully heading to Mexico!
About this role
Job Title: QA Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth to become the #1 leader in sales engagement software.
SalesLoft helps brands deliver value and create trust by connecting authentically and meaningfully with their customers. Thousands of customers depend on SalesLoft’s category-leading sales engagement platform to engage in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our organizational health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ and have been recognized as a top workplace by Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, and Inc Magazine.
We’re redefining an age-old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Check us out on Glassdoor and see what people LOVE about working for SalesLoft!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our QA Manager role is pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Engineering team. You will partner with the other QA Managers and Engineering Managers in the company to lead and drive continuous process improvements and innovation as well as establish trust across the org with Product Managers, Support, Technical Operations, and peer engineering teams.
As a QA Manager, you will help QA engineers to develop their career plans and assign project work tailored to their skill set. In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to manage and define processes and metrics for a team that supports impactful and revolutionary software that is changing the way sellers sell. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a manager who exemplifies our core values and believes in servant leadership. We empower team members to do their best while holding them to a higher standard of growth, accomplishment, and results. We are looking for someone to bring industry standards and best practices to a QA engineering team in order to increase their efficiency and engagement, ultimately increasing our customers’ satisfaction.
On a day-to-day basis, you will help provide technical direction, mentoring, and coaching to your direct reports. You’ll be developing and monitoring metrics to measure the quality that we are delivering to our customers.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn more, do more, and become more than previously possible… If you're passionate about innovation, growth and serving customers and thrive in a fast-paced, developmental environment, then becoming our next QA Manager is the career path for you!
Our SalesLoft’s QA Engineering team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming QA engineers who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The entire engineering team consists of people passionate about solving the customer’s problems and who is unflappable in the face of technical challenges. They are also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- Previous people management experience
- Previous experience in the quality assurance field
- Previous experience with agile software development
- Experience establishing strategic relationships quickly
- Adept at understanding the root cause of customer requests and pinpointing the correct way to solve the problem
- Collaborative mentality
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend SalesLoft's New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our "Lofters" unique
- Attend an Engineering Department orientation
- Begin 1:1's with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan
- Begin 1:1's with your team members and understand their career goals
- Meet key players in departments that work directly with the quality assurance team
- Have an introduction to SalesLoft’s hiring strategy and pair with your manager through the hiring process of QA engineers
- Start attending QA team and leadership meetings
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Work with QA Leadership to Identify metrics to measure the QA team against and report on them weekly
- Be able to help your direct reports start to achieve their career plans, providing input and guidance
- Operate independently on hiring to staff the QA team and facilitate fair and equitable candidate reviews - including offline exercises and interview questions
- Represent the QA team and find your voice among the greater Engineering Management team
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Be contributing at 100%, acting as a voice for Quality to the company - monitoring questions and discussions in slack channels
- Have developed relationships with the Product Development and Support teams to help them achieve their goals.
- Provide suggestions for process improvements
- Revamp QA onboarding to make it more valuable
- Provide and monitor backlog of QA projects and work
- Field one-off requests for QA work and push back / accept as needed
- Introduce community outreach or other recruiting ideas to get us the best candidates for the QA engineer role
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear "Yes, let's do that!" and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- You will build community with Lofters of various cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
SalesLoft embraces diversity and invites applications from people of all walks of life. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.