Site Reliability Engineer
We are SalesLoft.
SalesLoft is a Series-E B2B SaaS company that modernizes the way companies sell and engage customers.
SalesLoft is an all-in-one platform that guides and automates dynamic sales plays, facilitates coaching, and provides the dashboards and insights needed to help drive sales. It's not a CRM or marketing automation tool, it's Sales Engagement - done right. Orchestrate every email, call, meeting, and interaction from anywhere.
SalesLoft has won AJC's Atlanta's Best Place to Work award 3X and was named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
At SalesLoft, we are Driven By Our Core Values: **• Team over self** **• Bias towards action** **• Focus on results,** **• Put customers first ** **• Glass half full** _They compel us to show up each day and offer our best to our customers and their customers._ In addition to being the best job you'll ever have, here are some additional benefits & perks to expect as a new Lofter: At SalesLoft, you aren't limited to a certain number of vacation days. We trust you to get your work done which is why we offer untracked & unlimited PTO, in addition to 28 company-wide vacation days plus a shut-down week and monthly "rest days" off. SalesLoft is committed to your growth and development. We offer various mentorship programs to help you level up within Engineering, Design, UX, or Marketing. SalesLoft also provides access to LinkedIn Learning, offering over 16,000 virtual courses available 24/7! We also offer a Project Management training and host regular professional development sessions including a 6-month Leadership Development Program. Not to mention that we offer tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 annually. At SalesLoft, our employees are encouraged to bring their whole self to work. In order to do so, SalesLoft provides several mental health perks including free access to an in-house counselor & career coach, virtual access to a psychiatrist/psychologist, and a free subscription to the Headspace meditation app. Parental Leave - After one year of employment, all Lofters are eligible for our parental leave benefits, including 16 weeks fully paid for maternity leave and 6 weeks fully paid for paternity leave. SalesLoft also offers 12 months of free diapers, 12 weeks of meal deliveries, and home cleaning services, plus a transition to ease back into work life. SalesLoft knows family planning is important. That's why we offer access to several family planning resources and discounts as well as a $10,000 credit towards IVF, adoption, or egg freezing. SalesLoft wants to support the causes that you care about most. That's why SalesLoft matches your charitable contributions up to $200. Each year, SalesLoft employees come together for our annual retreat. This year we're hopefully heading to Mexico!
About this role
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Remote - South Africa OR United Kingdom
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth to become the #1 leader in sales engagement software.
SalesLoft helps brands deliver value and create trust by connecting authentically and meaningfully with their customers. Thousands of customers depend on SalesLoft’s category-leading sales engagement platform to engage in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our organizational health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up on a path to a $1B valuation, and have been recognized as a top workplace by Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, and Inc Magazine.
We’re redefining an age-old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Check us out on Glassdoor and see what people LOVE about working for SalesLoft!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our Site Reliability Engineers are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing SRE team that keeps our production environments stable, as well as creates tooling to enable our internal customers. Reliable services, as well as faster release cycles, lead to happy customers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for project work to improve our operational capabilities, including creating and maintaining a toolset geared toward automation of various aspects of our system, including our CI/CD pipeline and cloud infrastructure. Additionally, our SREs are responsible for keeping our production environment happy, including being on-call, managing access, working with security to keep our platform secure, and more.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to see a demonstrable impact your work has on our reliability and uptime metrics, which directly translate to customer satisfaction and company success. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a self-motivated, collaborative problem solver who identifies opportunities for improvement and relentlessly executes the plan to realize those opportunities day in and day out. You will play a pivotal role in helping us scale our operations, infrastructure, tooling and processes as we continue to expand as a business.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn more, do more, and become more, then becoming a Site Reliability Engineer is the career path for you!
Our SRE team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming Site Reliability Engineers who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The SRE team consists of highly capable results-focused individuals who maintain a mix of deep operational and coding expertise, including being well versed in multiple cloud platforms. They are also exemplary communicators, working cross department with development, QA, security, and more.
They are also the epitome of our core values: Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 4-5 years of operational or development experience
- 2-4 years of SRE or DevOps experience
- Experience in an agile environment
- Moderate experience with Linux sysadmin concepts.
- Moderate experience with Docker architecture, suite of products, and best practices
- Moderate Experience with Kubernetes architecture, kubectl API, Kubernetes concepts and best practices
- Moderate familiarity with AWS or GCP.
- Moderate understanding of coding best practices
- Moderate understanding of Python and coding best practices, including DRY and SOLID concepts.
- Basic experience with Test Driven Development
- Effective communication skills for technical audiences
- Mentoring of more junior team members
- Moderate familiarity with monitoring tools such as Datadog, including monitoring and on-call best practices
- Basic familiarity with SQL databases, specifically Postgres
- Deep knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Moderate familiarity with Infrastructure-as-code concepts and tools, such as Terraform.
- Moderate familiarity with certificates, encryption protocols and certificate management
- Basic familiarity with Non-Abstract Large System Design (NALSD) concepts
- Basic familiarity with configuration management concepts
- Bachelor's degree preferred
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend SalesLoft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 day plan, meet & shadow current members of the SalesLoft team, and delve into your territory
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Meet key partners in Engineering and Security
- Attend team ceremonies
- Learn team processes and ways of working
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Contributing to team velocity
- Participate in team continuous improvement opportunities
- Learn the basics SalesLoft platform, architecture, and codebase
- Learn the high level data flow and dependencies of SalesLoft components
- Join the on call rotation
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Complete your Lessonly training
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be considered a top-performing SRE on the team by consistently exceeding your goals
- Set an example for new SREs, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new Lofters
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.