We are SalesLoft.
SalesLoft is a Series-E B2B SaaS company that modernizes the way companies sell and engage customers.
SalesLoft is an all-in-one platform that guides and automates dynamic sales plays, facilitates coaching, and provides the dashboards and insights needed to help drive sales. It's not a CRM or marketing automation tool, it's Sales Engagement - done right. Orchestrate every email, call, meeting, and interaction from anywhere.
SalesLoft has won AJC's Atlanta's Best Place to Work award 3X and was named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
At SalesLoft, we are Driven By Our Core Values: **• Team over self** **• Bias towards action** **• Focus on results,** **• Put customers first ** **• Glass half full** _They compel us to show up each day and offer our best to our customers and their customers._ In addition to being the best job you'll ever have, here are some additional benefits & perks to expect as a new Lofter: At SalesLoft, you aren't limited to a certain number of vacation days. We trust you to get your work done which is why we offer untracked & unlimited PTO, in addition to 28 company-wide vacation days plus a shut-down week and monthly "rest days" off. SalesLoft is committed to your growth and development. We offer various mentorship programs to help you level up within Engineering, Design, UX, or Marketing. SalesLoft also provides access to LinkedIn Learning, offering over 16,000 virtual courses available 24/7! We also offer a Project Management training and host regular professional development sessions including a 6-month Leadership Development Program. Not to mention that we offer tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 annually. At SalesLoft, our employees are encouraged to bring their whole self to work. In order to do so, SalesLoft provides several mental health perks including free access to an in-house counselor & career coach, virtual access to a psychiatrist/psychologist, and a free subscription to the Headspace meditation app. Parental Leave - After one year of employment, all Lofters are eligible for our parental leave benefits, including 16 weeks fully paid for maternity leave and 6 weeks fully paid for paternity leave. SalesLoft also offers 12 months of free diapers, 12 weeks of meal deliveries, and home cleaning services, plus a transition to ease back into work life. SalesLoft knows family planning is important. That's why we offer access to several family planning resources and discounts as well as a $10,000 credit towards IVF, adoption, or egg freezing. SalesLoft wants to support the causes that you care about most. That's why SalesLoft matches your charitable contributions up to $200. Each year, SalesLoft employees come together for our annual retreat. This year we're hopefully heading to Mexico!
About this role
Job Title: UI Engineer
Location: Remote (USA OR Mexico)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are, and which have empowered our staggering growth since our founding in 2011.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, with additional offices in San Francisco, New York, London and Guadalajara, SalesLoft has over 550 employees and is growing by the day. As a testament to the culture and company we've collectively built, our world-class team has been named twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up that ‘may be the next unicorn... on a path to a $1B valuation,' and has consistently been recognized as a ‘#1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta.’ SalesLoft is disrupting the Sales Engagement space and is on a mission to activate the authentic seller in all of us.
We’re on a mission to redefine an industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains the nation’s elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our UI Engineers are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing engineering team, with a responsibility for building the front end of the SalesLoft platform as part of a product delivery team.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to have an impact on the development of the front end of the SalesLoft platform You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a UI Engineer who is focused on using modern tools and techniques to build world-class software for SalesLoft’s customers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for working with your delivery team to prioritize, plan and develop features for our platform. Your focus will be on building the front end of the application along with full stack engineers on your team with a focus on scalability, maintainability, reusability and testability.
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming a Sr. UI Engineer is the career path for you!
Our SalesLoft’s Engineering team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming UI Engineers who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us.
The Engineering team consists of an amazing group that you can learn from and teach. They are also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience building web applications
- Expertise in front end technologies as well as frameworks and tooling
- Demonstrated ability to learn from mistakes
- Demonstrated ability to unblock themselves and other team members
- Succeeded as an engineer when presented with projects of increasing complexity over time across multiple areas or domains of the code/product
- Demonstrated ownership a task/project without needing much supervision
- A high level of craftsmanship about their work, the end experience of the user, and impact on overall product
- Experience working in multiple languages - is a Front End specialist but has Full Stack abilities
Is expected to
- Accomplish many sophisticated tasks with some direction
- Provide significant input in planning and estimation
- Contribute to the organization outside of their delivery team (i.e. conferences, book clubs, internal meetups)
- Take responsibility for their code: follow through with it and address any issues that result from it in the future
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with other engineers and teammates, including being productive with their emotions; proposes solutions when articulating problems
- Interview prospective candidates and provide thoughtful evaluations and feedback
- Can accomplish most or all sophisticated tasks with little direction
- Ability to manage application state in coordination with backend systems at scale
- Provide significant ownership on planning and estimation
- Leads by example and breaks work down into small deliverables
- Work with a high level of ownership, gets unblocked quickly and helps others get unblocked.
- As needed, lead sessions with their delivery team (retros, planning meetings, FDP development)
- Pair program with Software Engineers on deliverables
- Significant contributions outside of their delivery team to team-wide initiatives such as framework/tooling upgrades and library additions
- Hold a clear understanding of the business’s goals and influences others to achieve them.
- Demonstrate leadership within the Delivery Team, holding others accountable, and removing technical blockers
- Instead of only executing on tasks, also responsible for identifying work to be done and working with leadership to get it prioritized.
- Have a high level of understanding about where their work fits in and how to be useful and successful on their team
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend SalesLoft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the SalesLoft team, and delve into your territory
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Ship your first PR to production
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Perform code reviews for your team and other UI Engineers
- Build and ship a feature
- Increasingly pair program with other engineers to share knowledge
- Be very knowledgeable of your team’s surface area.
- Be able to take significant ownership for developing a new feature
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Help on-board new engineers
- Make contributions or changes to our tools/techniques as needed
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
- Help others remove blockers as your knowledge of our tech stack increases
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Have deep expertise in a specific area of the application
- Be a major contributor to team planning and execution
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.