We are The Zebra.
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, people can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” to our herd. We hire folks who are able to learn quickly, take ownership, and collaborate with others.
We're actively hiring across the following departments: Sales, Commercialization, Data, Design, Engineering, Finance & Admin, Marketing, Operations, and Research.
\- An opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies & see your work make an impact \- Growth & development opportunities (weekly 1:1s, annual reviews, peer/self/manager feedback & coaching sessions) \- Learning & Development Stipend ($1000/employee/year) \- Opportunity to join our active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own \- Remote, hybrid, & in-office options to work collaboratively \- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering \- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages \- HSA offering + employer contribution \- 401K with match \- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it \- Paid Parental Leave Program (20 weeks paid leave for primary caregivers, 16 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers, $5000 baby bonus). \- Wellness perk ($100/month) \- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month) \- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year) \- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunches \- Curated monthly snack box ($60) sent to your house \- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About this role
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance.
We’re actively looking for an energetic, analytical, strategic, detail-oriented Account Coordinator to join our Account Management team.
This role is a key part of supporting and growing our existing client base. You’ll be responsible for working with our account managers to handle much of the day-to-day with our carrier relationships and providing analytical and reporting support. Once you’ve settled into your role, you will also have the opportunity to manage and grow your own client book of business.
This person must enjoy relationship management, rapport-building, strategic sales, and have a desire to move into a long-term career path in account management.This position will report directly to the Director of Account Management and work cross-functionally with our Business Development, Sales Agency, and Analytics teams.
Please note: This person will need to be in Austin, Texas for this position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with The Zebra’s account managers to be a key point of contact for client support requests and executing against account plans
- Run or create basic reporting and analysis for clients and partner with internal analytics teams as needed
- Manage a book of business of client relationships and be responsible for revenue growth of the book
- Work with account managers to prepare for client onsites (booking meetings and travel, coordinating agendas, & providing support in collateral creation)
- Participate in client onboarding and sales calls along with preparing account managers with call preps
- Coordinate and update pricing and campaign filtering changes across calls and click advertising in campaign management portals
- Partner with Account Managers to follow up on assigned action items and deliverables with carriers, such as reporting, approvals, RFP responses and materials, etc
- Ad hoc projects and initiatives as needed
- Identify and troubleshoot client technical issues with QA and Product teams
- Work with Product and engineering teams to ensure timely delivery of client and customer-focused features and enhancements
- Coordinate invoicing with The Zebra’s accounting department
- CRM inputs and updates
- Manage contracts across our existing accounts
- Work with data and analytics teams to find opportunities and identify performance issues
- Alert Account Managers to internal spend and performance shifts that could be a sign of technical problems
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-3 years of client facing experience in digital marketing, insurtech, insurance, ecommerce (or related relevant experience)
- Excel and Powerpoint experience a must
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organization skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and self-manage
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- A strong desire to pursue a career in account management
- Experience with working in a BI tool/Datavis platform (Looker, Tableau)
- Experience working in a B2B sales environment
- Experience with Insurance and/or call center operations
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
No external recruiters or agents, please.