Brand Media Specialist (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
We are The Zebra.
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, people can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” to our herd. We hire folks who are able to learn quickly, take ownership, and collaborate with others.
We're actively hiring across the following departments: Sales, Commercialization, Data, Design, Engineering, Finance & Admin, Marketing, Operations, and Research.
\- An opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies & see your work make an impact \- Growth & development opportunities (weekly 1:1s, annual reviews, peer/self/manager feedback & coaching sessions) \- Learning & Development Stipend ($1000/employee/year) \- Opportunity to join our active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own \- Remote, hybrid, & in-office options to work collaboratively \- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering \- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages \- HSA offering + employer contribution \- 401K with match \- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it \- Paid Parental Leave Program (20 weeks paid leave for primary caregivers, 16 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers, $5000 baby bonus). \- Wellness perk ($100/month) \- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month) \- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year) \- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunches \- Curated monthly snack box ($60) sent to your house \- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About this role
The Zebra is seeking a Brand Media Specialist to help manage our TV/OTT advertising efforts with the intent to drive brand awareness, site engagement, marketing revenue, and new customer acquisition. As the Brand Media Specialist, you will work in partnership with our Brand Media Manager and media agency to optimize TV/OTT campaigns towards growing The Zebra’s customer base, whilst delivering a strong return on ad spend. An analytical approach to media will be imperative to succeed in this role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assist in compiling quarterly briefs for our agency and media partners on new brand initiatives and/or product launches to inform the supporting TV/OTT media plan
- Work with ad operations and analytics on implementation and measurement of all approved media plans and projects
- Monitor and conduct regular, actionable analyses of performance through the attribution tools TVSquared/iSpot to continuously improve KPIs in partnership with marketing analytics
- Proactively provide actionable campaign insights and comprehensive KPI performance recaps to the channel managers
- Develop and/or accurately audit media investment-related documentation, including plan records, flowcharts, creative rotation schedules, budgets and approvals, contact lists
- Partner with the Campaign Coordinator to ensure that the TV/OTT media plan and creatives supports and aligns with the Communications Calendar, product launches, and brand team initiatives
- Prepare POVs on new media opportunities and partner with our media agency to evolve monthly competitor media reports
- Manage contacts and arrange meetings with media sales representatives to keep The Zebra relevant
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-4 years of working as a media buyer, media planner and/or media analyst
- Experience running both brand and/or performance advertising campaigns with Linear TV
- Clear, thorough understanding of the TV media planning and buying process
- Media vendor management experience - comfortable analyzing campaign performance, and holding media partners accountable for goals
- Experience partnering with data analysts on extracting actionable insights from media reporting, leading to campaign optimizations and improvements
- Can think outside the box and has a test, learn, and iterate marketing approach
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and able to juggle an ever-changing set of priorities
- The ability to work independently and as a partner to collaborate on overall campaign strategies and goals
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Relevant experience with TV direct response attribution tools such as TVSquared and iSpot
- Experience planning or buying advertising campaigns for OTT, (D)OOH, Radio or multi-cultural initiatives
- Applicable experience from the brand or agency side managing large marketing and advertising budgets
- Background in B2C Marketing, including finance and insurance related businesses
- Stays in touch and up to date with new media opportunities, partners and industry innovation and trends
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills with solid mathematical understanding
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
No external recruiters or agents, please.