Marketing Strategist, Paid Media (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
We are The Zebra.
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, people can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” to our herd. We hire folks who are able to learn quickly, take ownership, and collaborate with others.
We're actively hiring across the following departments: Sales, Commercialization, Data, Design, Engineering, Finance & Admin, Marketing, Operations, and Research.
\- An opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies & see your work make an impact \- Growth & development opportunities (weekly 1:1s, annual reviews, peer/self/manager feedback & coaching sessions) \- Learning & Development Stipend ($1000/employee/year) \- Opportunity to join our active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own \- Remote, hybrid, & in-office options to work collaboratively \- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering \- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages \- HSA offering + employer contribution \- 401K with match \- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it \- Paid Parental Leave Program (20 weeks paid leave for primary caregivers, 16 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers, $5000 baby bonus). \- Wellness perk ($100/month) \- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month) \- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year) \- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunches \- Curated monthly snack box ($60) sent to your house \- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About this role
The Zebra is expanding our Paid Media Team and we’re seeking a Marketing Strategist to help us grow even more. This role will work closely with marketing channel managers to discover areas for optimization and further efficiencies, along with communicate findings in an easily digestible manner through analysis and reporting. We are looking for a curious, analytical mind that is motivated by driving impact.
As a Marketing Strategist, you will influence the Paid Media strategy and collaborate with Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Research, and Product Marketing. Both a strong collaborative nature and independent analytical abilities will be key to success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage a testing road map for the Paid Media Team
- Collaborate with channel managers and campaign coordinator on paid landing page tests and creative tests
- Collaborate with Marketing Analytics on reports and new dashboards to track campaign performance across segments
- Proactively provide actionable campaign insights and comprehensive KPI performance recaps to the channel managers
- Work with channel managers to determine new target audience opportunities for testing on existing and new marketing channels
- Create a templatized report on performance metrics and KPIs across customer segments
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-4 years of experience working within or supporting a marketing team in a strategic and/or analytical function
- Familiarity with data visualization software (i.e. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience measuring the performance of digital marketing campaigns and providing actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to distill campaign results across dayparts, demographics, geography, etc. and provide optimization recommendations accordingly
- Comfortable working with large data sets and distilling findings to a clear narrative for partners
- Excel proficiency is a must, along with an ability to pivot data for ease of analysis
- Strong communicator and able to partner with teams across the organization
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Familiarity with running conversion lift tests across marketing channels
- An understanding of how to set up and measure match market tests
- Experience with marketing analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Past exposure to measuring the impact of offline marketing channels (i.e. TV, Terrestrial Radio, OOH, etc.)
- Prior experience with audience onboarding tools (i.e. LiveRamp)
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
No external recruiters or agents, please.