Operations Project Manager, Creative (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
We are The Zebra.
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, people can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” to our herd. We hire folks who are able to learn quickly, take ownership, and collaborate with others.
We're actively hiring across the following departments: Sales, Commercialization, Data, Design, Engineering, Finance & Admin, Marketing, Operations, and Research.
\- An opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies & see your work make an impact \- Growth & development opportunities (weekly 1:1s, annual reviews, peer/self/manager feedback & coaching sessions) \- Learning & Development Stipend ($1000/employee/year) \- Opportunity to join our active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own \- Remote, hybrid, & in-office options to work collaboratively \- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering \- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages \- HSA offering + employer contribution \- 401K with match \- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it \- Paid Parental Leave Program (20 weeks paid leave for primary caregivers, 16 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers, $5000 baby bonus). \- Wellness perk ($100/month) \- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month) \- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year) \- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunches \- Curated monthly snack box ($60) sent to your house \- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About this role
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for an Operations Project Manager who will be responsible for assisting in the process development, management, and administration of a variety of project tasks and team operations supporting brand and paid marketing, as well as our external advertising agency and internal creative team. The position is critical to enable scale and drive cross-functional alignment. This role will report to the Operations Manager.
We’re in the process of repositioning the company to support a remote workforce. Like many companies, pre-COVID we weren’t set-up this way. We’ve recently made the shift to from an in-office organization to a hybrid model (supporting employee work either fully remote, a mix of in-office and WFH, or solely working in-office). While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of building our systems to support work in all states. We’re excited to broaden our talent reach across the US! We will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA or FL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the Operations team in the implementation of projects, including planning, collaborating with marketing and design team members and partners, and coordinating project activities
- Facilitate meetings and reporting cadences as necessary, contribute to process planning, project documentation, and collaborate with project stakeholders to collect and disseminate project and/or program variables, specifically creative deliverables and messaging development across a variety of platforms
- Establish process improvements to define standard tools, workflows, and progress tracking to decrease cycles and feedback loops. Work across internal teams and external advertising agency to drive alignment to priorities and ensure approvers and partners are aligned, work is on track with the deliverables are best in class.
- Manage central repository and/or process for project artifacts within Confluence
- Manage the day to day business operations for intersectional area of marketing and design that you’ll support
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in a project management or operations facilitation role within communications, creative, and/or marketing
- Ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, deliver on key requirements and capture core details impacting significant projects
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and onboarding remotely
- Confident in driving work and timelines across multiple disciplines and leadership levels
- Operates with transparency, empathy, and positivity
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US
- Experience using the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience in high-growth, start-up environments
- Experience coordinating projects for TV, radio, social media, and various marketing channels
BENEFITS + PERKS
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Weekly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it’s “insurance in black and white.”
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
No external recruiters or agents, please.