Senior Marketing Analyst (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
We are The Zebra.
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, people can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” to our herd. We hire folks who are able to learn quickly, take ownership, and collaborate with others.
We're actively hiring across the following departments: Sales, Commercialization, Data, Design, Engineering, Finance & Admin, Marketing, Operations, and Research.
\- An opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies & see your work make an impact \- Growth & development opportunities (weekly 1:1s, annual reviews, peer/self/manager feedback & coaching sessions) \- Learning & Development Stipend ($1000/employee/year) \- Opportunity to join our active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own \- Remote, hybrid, & in-office options to work collaboratively \- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering \- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages \- HSA offering + employer contribution \- 401K with match \- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it \- Paid Parental Leave Program (20 weeks paid leave for primary caregivers, 16 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers, $5000 baby bonus). \- Wellness perk ($100/month) \- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month) \- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year) \- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunches \- Curated monthly snack box ($60) sent to your house \- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About this role
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build reports to track key metrics on marketing campaign performance, channel mix, user journey and segmentation, and provide data support and in-depth analysis to the marketing team.
- Analyze and measure experiments and conversion lift tests to improve marketing efficiency, lower cost-per-click, and increase conversions.
- Partner with Media Channel Managers to measure the impact of branded marketing campaigns on top line metrics.
- Collaborate with Media Channel Managers to build testing roadmaps with both new and existing media partners.
- Provide data support and actionable insights to marketing and business stakeholders that help drive the business forward.
- Create new KPIs and add new metrics for our reporting tool to empower the team to be self-sufficient in their data reporting.
- Take a proactive and self-starter approach to digging into the data to find campaign optimization opportunities for the marketing team to act on.
- Collaborate with other analysts, the data team, and data science to establish best practices and to investigate cross-departmental opportunities while also reporting on company wide performance.
- Support other marketing analysts by catching material changes in our KPIs, digging into the cause, and providing thorough reports on what is driving those changes.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5+ years professional (or comparable) analyst experience
- Experience across performance and brand marketing channels
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI platforms (e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Adobe or Google Analytics)
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and handle risk and uncertainty
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience in B2C (business to consumer)
- Experience with Marketing Testing
- Experience with Measurement Tools and Marketing Attribution
- Experience with digital marketing and traffic/click exchange analysis
- Experience with Funnel.io or other workflow process tools
- Experience with cloud-based databases (ie Snowflake)
- Experience or interest with statistics (regression, t-tests, chi-square, etc.)
- Programming experience in Python or R
- Insurance, E-Commerce, or Finance Industry experience
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)