Senior Product Analyst (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
We are The Zebra.
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, people can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” to our herd. We hire folks who are able to learn quickly, take ownership, and collaborate with others.
We're actively hiring across the following departments: Sales, Commercialization, Data, Design, Engineering, Finance & Admin, Marketing, Operations, and Research.
\- An opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies & see your work make an impact \- Growth & development opportunities (weekly 1:1s, annual reviews, peer/self/manager feedback & coaching sessions) \- Learning & Development Stipend ($1000/employee/year) \- Opportunity to join our active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own \- Remote, hybrid, & in-office options to work collaboratively \- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering \- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages \- HSA offering + employer contribution \- 401K with match \- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it \- Paid Parental Leave Program (20 weeks paid leave for primary caregivers, 16 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers, $5000 baby bonus). \- Wellness perk ($100/month) \- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month) \- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year) \- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunches \- Curated monthly snack box ($60) sent to your house \- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About this role
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Senior Product Analyst to drive smarter product decisions. Reporting directly to a Senior Manager of Analytics, you will have clear visibility into company direction and strategy. In this pivotal position, you’ll define and track KPIs, support strategic initiatives, design experiments, evaluate A/B tests, implement data instrumentation, and identify consumer behavioral drivers to improve monetization and the user experience.
We’re in the process of repositioning the company to support a remote workforce. Like many companies, pre-COVID we weren’t set-up this way. We’ve recently made the shift to from an in-office organization to a hybrid model (supporting employee work either fully remote, a mix of in-office and WFH, or solely working in-office). While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of building our systems to support work in all states. We’re excited to broaden our talent reach across the US! We will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build reports to track key metrics on user behavior and revenue to analyze impact of A/Bs and feature changes on key KPIs, catch technical bugs using data, and highlight product gaps and inefficiencies
- Create new KPIs and add new metrics to our reporting tool to empower the team to be self-sufficient in their data reporting
- Design A/B experiments to guide product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
- Closely analyze trends for the product and use regression and other statistical techniques to understand one features’ influence on the other.
- Take a proactive and self-starter approach to digging into the data to find opportunities and problem areas within the product, communicating findings to product
- Collaborate with other analysts, the data team, and data science to establish best practices and to investigate cross-departmental opportunities
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5+ years professional (or comparable) analyst experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with BI platforms, e.g. Looker, Tableau, Adobe or Google Analytics
- Academic or applied experience in statistics (experimental design, decision trees, clustering methods, regression, t-tests, etc.)
- Programming experience in Python or R
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience working with Product-driven organization turning data into actionable insights
- Insurance, E-Commerce, or Financial industry experience
- Experience with cloud-based databases such as Snowflake
- Advanced STEM degree
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
No external recruiters or agents, please.