Director, Brand Design
We are Webflow.
We envision a world where everyone can create powerful, flexible websites, and apps as easily as they create documents today. Because the only thing better than the internet is an internet we can all create for.
At Webflow, we have two missions. One for the world, and one for us. We want to empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it. -We are a remote first team and have been since we were founded. There is also a headquarters in San Francisco if you feel like you thrive more in an in-office environment. -We cover 100% of a platinum-level, $0 deductible health plan, including dental, vision, and life, for you and your dependents. \*\*US based team members only. -You’ll get $200 a month to spend on health and wellness — whatever that means to you. Whether it’s new hiking shoes, a meditation app, or a fancy sound machine for better sleep. -Remote Webflowers get $380 per month for remote work expenses, like a coworking membership, snacks and coffee, or to cover your internet bill. -You’ll get up to $1,000 a year in skill development reimbursements.
About this role
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers designers and developers to create unique experiences for the web, without code. We started out offering intuitive design tools and now we’re empowering teams to build complex data-driven websites with complex logic. Designers will soon have the tools to build full-fledged web applications, not just websites.
We recently raised $140M in Series B funding to empower more creatives to build for the web. Some of investors include Accel, Capital G, Silversmith Partners, and Rainfall Ventures.
We’re looking for a brand strategist and design leader that cares deeply about operational efficiency. You will focus on up-leveling our brand to reflect this expansion into web applications, to thoughtfully grow and develop the brand design team, and to improve cross-functional operations with Marketing. This role will work closely with the design and marketing leadership teams to develop brand positioning, brand voice, and brand design frameworks/systems.
The team will look to you to help set the bar for quality and innovation. You're a strong collaborator and relationship builder and can easily influence decisions at the leadership level. You build trust with your team by leading through influence, mentorship, and enablement. You're very comfortable in a fast-changing environment and in a new industry that’s full of ambiguous and interesting challenges.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Director, Brand Design, you’ll …
- Hire and develop design managers and high-leveled designers
- Develop efficient processes with Marketing and other internal partners
- Help define Webflow’s brand strategy with Marketing leadership
- Provide strategic direction for team members to autonomous execute on campaigns that’s on-brand and consistent across different channels and audiences
- Advocate for high-quality and consistent brand expression across the entire platform
- Promote and cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion in brand expression and in internal processes
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Director, Brand Design if you:
- Led in-house brand design teams and developed operations with Marketing teams at high-growth companies
- Hired and developed design managers/creative directors
- Established partnerships with external agencies/contractors
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills; experience working with executives and leaders
- Worked closely with with Marketing, Education, Sales and Customer Success, and leadership
- Thrive in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment
- Led a remote design team
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Director, Brand Design and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.