Lead Data Scientist
We are Webflow.
We envision a world where everyone can create powerful, flexible websites, and apps as easily as they create documents today. Because the only thing better than the internet is an internet we can all create for.
At Webflow, we have two missions. One for the world, and one for us. We want to empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it. -We are a remote first team and have been since we were founded. There is also a headquarters in San Francisco if you feel like you thrive more in an in-office environment. -We cover 100% of a platinum-level, $0 deductible health plan, including dental, vision, and life, for you and your dependents. \*\*US based team members only. -You’ll get $200 a month to spend on health and wellness — whatever that means to you. Whether it’s new hiking shoes, a meditation app, or a fancy sound machine for better sleep. -Remote Webflowers get $380 per month for remote work expenses, like a coworking membership, snacks and coffee, or to cover your internet bill. -You’ll get up to $1,000 a year in skill development reimbursements.
About this role
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re adding a Lead Data Scientist to our team to help inform the future of Webflow with data by building a deep understanding of how our customers create for the web with our product. You’ll partner directly with key product stakeholders to identify interesting business questions and provide the data and quantitative analysis to answer them, leading the development of KPIs and helping teams understand how to improve our user experience. As an early member of our data team, you will also be working to improve our data warehouse by thoughtfully developing clean and reliable data pipelines for lasting impact.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
- Full time
As a Lead Data Scientist you’ll …
- Enable our product teams to think strategically with key stakeholders about how customers engage with Webflow, identifying and executing on high impact opportunities for actionable insights
- Define product and business success metrics, building tools for monitoring and surfacing drivers of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Lead technical and non-technical team members with processes and technical expertise for executing experiments, answering open ended business questions with data, and researching levers for improving our product,
- Develop our data foundation, experimentation and machine learning capabilities, collaborating on our strategic roadmap for building new pipelines and tools that contribute to our connected, complete understanding of our customer journey and improve our customer experience. We currently use stitch, dbt, snowflake and Tableau and are working with our new data engineering team to dream big about our infrastructure and feedback loops!
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Lead Data Scientist if you:
- Have interest and experience in mentoring and developing the technical skills of your team members, helping to build a collaborative data science practice
- Have demonstrated experience working as a Data Scientist (or the equivalent in quantitative analysis), contributing to the strategic roadmap, providing high quality, reproducible analysis that impacts company strategy and decision making, building tools to enable scalable processes and enabling others to do the same
- Have expertise in applied statistics (e.g. predictive modeling, hypothesis testing, regressions), segmentation and experimentation (e.g. A/B testing) in an industry setting and the ability to explain concepts to technical and non-technical team members
- Have proficiency in SQL, and experience with a programming language like Python or R
- Thrive collaborating with product teams in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, solving complex and nuanced problems
- Engage both technical and nontechnical audiences with clear and compelling communication
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Lead Data Scientist and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.