Software Engineer, Backend
We are Webflow.
We envision a world where everyone can create powerful, flexible websites, and apps as easily as they create documents today. Because the only thing better than the internet is an internet we can all create for.
At Webflow, we have two missions. One for the world, and one for us. We want to empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it. -We are a remote first team and have been since we were founded. There is also a headquarters in San Francisco if you feel like you thrive more in an in-office environment. -We cover 100% of a platinum-level, $0 deductible health plan, including dental, vision, and life, for you and your dependents. \*\*US based team members only. -You’ll get $200 a month to spend on health and wellness — whatever that means to you. Whether it’s new hiking shoes, a meditation app, or a fancy sound machine for better sleep. -Remote Webflowers get $380 per month for remote work expenses, like a coworking membership, snacks and coffee, or to cover your internet bill. -You’ll get up to $1,000 a year in skill development reimbursements.
About this role
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers everyone to create incredible experiences for the web — without writing any code.
We’re hiring for a Software Engineer, Backend to help us build scalable backend services to increase the power of the Webflow platform using the latest technologies, and build an innovative architecture that puts the needs of our customers first.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote
As a Software Engineer, Backend you’ll
- Write scalable services, as well as new APIs and rewriting old ones, in Node.js, Express.js, Mongo, GraphQL, Apollo and AWS Lambda
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers, and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Refactor existing components and code paths into clearer, standardized, documented, and testable API-driven boundaries
- Unite our front and back end services
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
You’ll thrive as a Software Engineer, Backend if you:
- Have previous experience engineering scalable multi-tenant systems
- Understand data design and modeling
- Love studying design patterns — and know exactly how and when to apply them
- Are comfortable behind a linux terminal
- Are comfortable working in an agile, safe-to-fail environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful software engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!