Software Engineer, Data
We are Webflow.
We envision a world where everyone can create powerful, flexible websites, and apps as easily as they create documents today. Because the only thing better than the internet is an internet we can all create for.
At Webflow, we have two missions. One for the world, and one for us. We want to empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it. -We are a remote first team and have been since we were founded. There is also a headquarters in San Francisco if you feel like you thrive more in an in-office environment. -We cover 100% of a platinum-level, $0 deductible health plan, including dental, vision, and life, for you and your dependents. \*\*US based team members only. -You’ll get $200 a month to spend on health and wellness — whatever that means to you. Whether it’s new hiking shoes, a meditation app, or a fancy sound machine for better sleep. -Remote Webflowers get $380 per month for remote work expenses, like a coworking membership, snacks and coffee, or to cover your internet bill. -You’ll get up to $1,000 a year in skill development reimbursements.
About this role
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to help us build the tools, data pipelines, systems integrations and scale infrastructure. You’ll join our Data, Analytics and Telemetry Engineering (DATE) team, which focuses on transforming Webflow's data analytics and observability capabilities while building a robust extensible and secure foundation for the future.
About the role
- Location: Remote
As a Data Engineer, you’ll ...
- Work on building new features and refactoring efforts across our stack
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines
- Build integrations with third parties
- Rearchitect/remodel Webflow's data stores
- Improve and build observability capabilities for all systems across the company
- Secure customer data across all data stores
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
- Cross-collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers, and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with other engineers on best practice, design considerations, and quality
- Support others on your team in a technical capacity
- Receive support designed to help you grow as an impactful engineer and a healthy human being
These responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll have 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Data Engineer if you:
- Have contributed to building scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Previous experience in either Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Previous experience in Java, Scala or Python
- Deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Built and worked with data streams (Kafka, Kinesis)
- A deep understanding of design patterns — and an even better knowledge of when to apply them
- Very comfortable behind a Linux terminal
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment and productivity stipend they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful engineering manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!